Great seasoning to liven up your salads. Chocked full of seseme seeds, celery seeds and poppy seeds, along with herbs like onion, garlic, dill weed, paprika and our fresh ground black pepper. The 3 types of seeds are a real treat to the taste buds! No picnic is complete without the salads that never go out of style, and Salad Seasoning is there to make these regulars GREAT! A favorite in potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, broccoli slaw. Toss it into steamed veggies at the last minute. Or, gently and briefly toast it in a frying pan and then toss on top of veggies, such as asparagus or broccoli.
Here are some other ideas for Salad Seasoning:
- A favorite in potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, broccoli slaw. We tend to use it quite generously - several Tbsp, even 1/4 cup, in a large bowl of potato salad or coleslaw.
- Brush olive oil on veggies, add seasoning & grill. Or –toss onto grilled veggies just after they come off the grill.
- Thinking sesame seeds? Turn to Salad Seasoning instead - 3 seeds instead of 1! You can even toast this seasoning, just like sesame seeds.
- Adds flavor & great crust to grilled, baked or pan-fried fish. Rub on both sides of fish. After cooking, a squirt of lemon brightens the flavors even more!
- More of a tofu lover? Rub on both sides of tofu generously, sear in pan with hot oil. If grilling, mix seasoning with oil, then apply to tofu. Don’t forget the squirt of lemon when serving.
- Toasted garbanzo beans - toss 1 can rinsed beans with 1 tsp oil & 2 Tbsp Salad Seasoning. Bake for 10 min at 375 or cook in pan over medium heat for 3-4 min. Remove from heat, add juice of 1 lime. Serve warm or cold. (Optional-add lime zest)