Prep + Cook Time: ~2 hours; Should be made a day ahead of time.
Recipe Difficulty: Moderate-Difficult
If you are looking for a way to WOW your crowd, this is it! It blends the perfect Thanksgiving ingredient of pumpkin with an all time favorite of cheesecake. And the Maple Syrup adds a touch of Vermont. (Our daughter-in-law Michelle is a great baker!)
Absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving! And if you have too many desserts already selected, this is perfect for anytime during the holiday season!
While we rate it as moderate to difficult, it is really more just time consuming than difficult. But in the end - it is SO worth it!!
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
(can substitute 1 and 1/2 tsp Stuart's Pumpkin Pie Spice for the above 4 ingredients)
1 and 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
24 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
15 oz pumpkin
1 and 1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup maple syrup
Graham cracker pecan crust:
4 graham craclers
24 ginger snaps
1/2 cup toasted pecans
3 tbsp butter melted
2 tbsp sugar
To make the graham cracker pecan crust:
1) Place the crackers, ginger snaps and pecans in food processor until ground fine. Add the melted butter and sugar.
2) Press into a springform pan, along the bottom and going part way up the sides.
3) Bake the crust at 325 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
To make the filling:
1) Cream together cream cheese and sugar. Add the pumpkin.
2) Gently beat the 3 eggs, then mix into the cream cheese mixture.
3) Mix in the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
4) Spoon filling into the baked crust in the springform pan
5) Bake at 325 degrees 55 minutes or until set.
While it is baking, whisk the maple syrup with the sour cream. When you remove the cheesecake from the oven after 55 minutes, pour this mixture on the top of the cake. Return to oven and bake 15 more minutes or until set. Turn oven off, open oven door a crack, and leave the cake in the oven for another 20 minutes. Chill overnight in refrigerator.
It's all worth it!!
Serve, eat and enjoy!